Monday, August 19, 2013

Some food for thought

I'm not a hug eggplant fan, so when my mom said she was making Eggplant Parm for dinner, I wasn't looking forward to it.
Now, she made it Gluten free because my brothers new wife is gluten intolerant, and though she doesn't have to eat our meals, we like her around.
So here's what went down:


Chefs tip: 
"Put your flower on first before your egg and breadcrumbs, that makes it so the breadcrumbs don't slip right off." 

\
Eggplant, including other various veggies used, were all from my mothers garden.
She was very proud. 


 Oh hey look at this picture of my hand being washed...



The finishing product proved to be delicious and nutritious, even to an eggplant hater like myself.
A big hit in my family and i would recommend it to any one, even the ones who shy's away from said vegetable.
Oh by the way, it's Vegetarian.  


Recipe: 
2 Medium eggplants, cute into 1/2-inch-thick round slices.
Kosher salt,as needed, plus 1 tablespoon.
5 cups fresh breadcrumbs. 
1 tablespoon dried oregano.
1 tablespoon dried thyme.
Freshly ground black pepper.
Vegetable oil for frying.
All purpose flour for dredging. 
6 large eggs, beaten.
2 tablespoons whole milk.
Olive oil, as needed.
7 cups marinara sauce. 
2/3 cup grated Parmesan, divided.
1 pound fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced. 

Directions can be found on foodnetwork.com
YUMMY TIME. 
(I know, i know, i usually don't do food blogs but i thought people should know.) 
Thanks for reading xox
Love, Lizzie




No comments:

Post a Comment