Friday, February 1, 2013

New York (part one)

Okay so my mumsy last night gave me the idea to do a post on New York places, most will be local, but i will be covering the wondrous city as well.

Taghkanic Falls is on of the most lovely places in the fingerlakes/new york area. The falls are a perfect place in the summer, with the lake just at the end of them.
Unfortunately my experience was not in the summer.
We went in the winter.
Like bozos.
*sigh*
But anyways, it was still beautiful. Though by the time we had walked to the falls and back my feet were literally too cold to feel and my legs were close behind. Lets not even get started on my nose, toes, and fingers.
I would have pictures, but alas i cannot find them :( so i'l just put up ones off the interwebs ;)

Here's when your supposed to go....







Here's when i went....






Dear God, what possessed us to do that....brr.

Now we go onto the Strong Museum of Play...now THESE pictures, are taken by my sister...so i apologize for the loon running around in them...AKA me....

The Strong museum of play has everything that a kid loves, and even grown ups ;) With the bottom level having Sesame Street, Super Hero Hall, and even a Story Book Lane...Toys, games, even a magical Butterfly Garden with button quail and tortoises, and a mini Wegmans. The top level having the toy hall of fame, an arcade with vintage games, and the "museum" part of the building. It is the only all collection museum dedicated to the study of play...

The Room of illusions has this, My brother is only seven and is about 4"3 and im 5"5
It also has a tilted house, and a mirror hall. 

 the hall of mirrors, and a mural above...
 um....this was in the Bearinstine Bears place...dont know what happened here....but dang i look lovely...
 The giant picture window in the front...
 The Mural in the super hero hall...
Lifesized statues for the gamers...

All THESE pictures we're taken by my lovely sister who i does the professional photography.









THESE we're taken from the interweb...










So yes, this concludes part one ;) 


1 comment: